Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rocci Coffee and Chocolate Shop

Category:Restaurants
Cuisine: Desserts
Location:The Zone, 7224 Malugay cor Buendia Sts. Makati City

My Lola Dominga used to make this instant chocolate drink for us. I can't remember the brand. But I remember the taste, a taste that brings back childhood comfort. Once in a while I crave for this chocolate taste embedded in my tongue's memory, even dreamt of it once. But I knew it would take a minor miracle for me to ever taste Lola's chocolate drink again.

Well, miracles happen. I found that chocolate flavor at Rocci's, a cozy cafe at Malugay St. I ordered the Dark Hot Chocolate (P98), and eureka! Lola Ingga was again alive giving me a chocolate drink in that old nescafe crystal-cut bottle converted to a drinking glass.

The chocolate drink is comboed with the Belgian Choco Bliss (P14), which tastes gorgeous. Several deliciousness points higher than the belgian waffle crisps we find at the mall.

Rocci's also serves desserts, deli sandwiches, pasta, coffee, tea, and fruit slush.

No comments:

Post a Comment