Monday, December 8, 2008

Banapple Pies and Cheesecakes Cafe

Katipunan Ave.

Apparently, I'm the only person in the metropolis who has not had any of the banacoffee desserts available in different versions at different dessert restaurants. And since I am not fond of bananas in my dessert, and since I have declared a semi-permanent abstinence from all things with non-fruit sugar, then it will probably remain that way.And here is the rest of it.

It's a good thing Banapple offers several non-banana dessert options. With the kebabs and shawarmas from nearby King's Kebab still occupying space in our tummies, we only ordered two desserts to share among the four of us -- caramel cheesecake and apple pie. The caramel cheesecake looked deadly, and the caramel topping was just as sweet as I was afraid it was going to be. To counterbalance it is the the cheesecake center, which was divine. It's just the right consistency, not too airy and not too dense. I could confidently say that this is one of the best cheesecakes in the metro. The apple pie does not look nor taste like the typical apple pie; very intriguingly delicious.

If I weren't on my sugar fast (insert sad face), I would definitely come back to this place to try the other desserts. But maybe this review will make you want to try it out yourself and I'll just have their pies vicariously through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment